Vuzix Blade 2 Product Support
How can I navigate the Blade 2 user interface?
The Blade 2 has one physical button which is the power button. This button can be used to power ON and power OFF the Blade. It also has a touchpad on the right temple. All the interactions with the Blade are done using this touchpad as gestures.
For details on Blade 2 gestures, refer to the Blade 2 User Manual.
The Blade 2 has two LEDs. The green power LED is the visual indicator that the Blade 2 is powered ON or if the Blade 2 is being charged. The red recording LED is the visual indicator that the camera app is being accessed or a video is being recorded by the Blade 2.
What are the advanced gestures supported on Vuzix Blade 2?
- One-Finger Tap = Select the item in focus (or) Wakeup Blade when it is sleeping
- One-Finger Swipe Up = Swipe up (or) navigate vertical lists by going up (or) Goes to previous row on keyboard
- One-Finger Swipe Down = Swipe down (or) navigate vertical lists by going down (or) Goes to next row on keyboard
- One-Finger Swipe Forward = Swipe forward (or) Goes to next char on keyboard (or) Moves the video scrubber forward
- One-Finger Swipe Backward = Swipe back (or) Goes to previous char on keyboard (or) Moves the video scrubber back
- One-Finger Hold for One Second = Bring up menu (when available). E.g.: On keyboard, it displays various options for that char
- Two-Finger Swipe Backward = Delete / Backspace. Ex: On Keyboard deletes previous char. Acts like one backspace click
- Two-Finger Swipe Forward = Delete action, Ex: On Photos or videos or notifications (or) On keyboard add a space
- Two-Finger Swipe Up = Volume up (or) During recovery navigates the list
- Two-Finger Swipe Down = Volume down (or) During recovery navigates the list
- Two-Finger Hold for One Second = Home
- Two-Finger Tap = Back
- Three Finger Tap = Screen OFF
How do I connect to Wi-Fi?
- Navigate to Settings > Connectivity > Wi-Fi
- Select "Turn On" if disabled
- Select "Add Network"
- Select the Network you wish to connect to (if hidden, select "Add Hidden Network")
- Enter the network details and select the green check mark
How can I get an OS update?
- Before updating the Blade Software 2 using OTA, ensure the Blade 2 is connected to a Wi-Fi network and the battery is charged to at least 50%.
- Navigate to Settings > Software Update > Tap on Check for Updates. If there is an update, a dialog will indicate as such.
- On the dialog tap download.
- When the download is complete, tap install. The Blade 2 will verify/install the update and restart with the new software version.