Stay protected with next generation smart glasses technology from Vuzix.
Vuzix Blade Availability
- American Samoa
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Puerto Rico
- Slovak Republic
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Vuzix Shield's ultra-slim, binocular waveguides are powered by a pair of tiny, highly efficient micro-LED projectors. At 1 micron in size, the micro-LED’s have one of the highest density pixel arrays available, generating crisp video with contextual information. Get hands-free access to all the on the job support you need.
Immersive Sound & voice control
With acoustic chambers fully integrated into the frames, Vuzix Shield delivers crystal clear stereo. Positioned over the ears for privacy, you'll stay aware of ambient sound while still enjoying immersive sound. Multiple noise-cancelling microphones allow for flawless calls and voice/UI integration.
State of the art Eye protection
Brilliantly bright dual waveguides work in concert with a revolutionary optical system. Stay aware and in control with a non-occluded display, and keep your eyes protected with Vuzix Shield's ANSI Z87.1 safety certification. Self-contained dual temple batteries will keep you powered for hours.
Enhancing hands-free operation, the on-board processor wirelessly communicates with your phone via the built-in LTE cellular option. Use your voice or tap on the touch-sensitive arm to activate or hide the display, allowing discrete connectivity to the digital world.
Learn more about Vuzix Blade II™
Vuzix Shield™ is a revolutionary leap for enterprise AR smart glasses. Lightweight, stylish, prescription ready safety glasses and powerful 8-core CPU combine to deliver a singular wearable experience.
VUZIX SHIELD™ Technical Specifications
- See through Waveguide optics
- Displays: microLED monochrome green
- High brightness, high output
- 8 core CPU running Android 10
Batteries in Each Temple
- Voice control - supports multiple languages and accessible to 3rd party integrators via SDK
- Capacitive touchpad on side of glasses that will support left/right/up/down swipes and one- or two-finger taps. The touchpad will be usable with gloves on.
- Integrated stereo speakers
- Digital noise-cancelling microphones
- Speakers are used for music playback, notifications, instructions, and phone calls
- Bluetooth audio functionality
Numerous Colors in Development
- Stereo 13-megapixel cameras with auto-focus
- Up to 4k 30fps video
- Integrated privacy LED
- Advanced optical reader includes barcode scanner
- ANSI Z87.1 safety certification
- USB 3.1 Gen2 on USB Type-C
- Wi-Fi 802.11/b/g/n/ac 2.4/5GHz
- Bluetooth 5.0 BR/EDR/LE
- Companion application for Android and iOS devices to come
- Support notifications with Android and iOS devices including text messages, email, and phone calls to come
LEADING THE AR INDUSTRY WITH INNOVATION
Set to hit the market in the second half of 2022, Vuzix Shield is the first pair of safety smart glasses to feature dual waveguide optics. Interested in a deeper dive into the waveguide technology that powers Vuzix Shield? Download the optics spec sheet.